The much-awaited movie of 2018, 2.0 which is set to release this June has already created a buzz since last year, ever since the first look of the movie was released.
The sequel of the blockbuster movie Enthiran/ Robot has Superstar Rajinikanth (Chitti) along with Bollywood’s favourite Khiladi Akshay Kumar (Dr. Richard) and the fans cannot wait to see this power energy Jodi together on screen.
While the wait continues, we bring to you a few facts of 2.0 that you may be interested to have a look at:
- The Director of the movie Shankar has hinted that there may be many more sequels to this movie as it falls under the genre of Sci-fi.
- 2.0 is supposed to be one of the most expensive movies made having a massive budget of Rs.350 Crore beating the record of the super hit movie Baahubali.
- The movie is said to have a unique music composition by AR Rahman and is one of the toughest movies he has ever composed music for.
- The movie is also said to have a lot of VFX animation that would match Hollywood standards and also have roped in a Hollywood team of John Hughes and Walt who are well known for their work in the films like Life of Pi, 300 and Percy Jackson.
- The Costume design for the movie is done by none other than the Hollywood designer Ror Rodriguez. And the make-up for the movie is done by Sean Foot of the Avatar fame. 2.0 also have Kenny Bates’s contribution to the project.
- For the first time in India, an entire song sequence will be shot in a Ukraine themed set using VFX as Superstar Rajinikanth could not travel to Ukraine due to his health condition.
- Before roping in Akshay Kumar for the role many other National and International Stars were approached for the same. This includes big names like Kamal Haasan, Aamir Khan, Vikram, Hrithik Roshan, Neil Nitin Mukesh and even Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- The movie’s editor Anthony had to wear a 3D glass to edit the movie.
- The team of 2.0 are trying out a different approach to their movie promotion strategy by releasing hot air balloons in Los Angeles, London, Dubai, Australia, South-East Asian countries and also in India.
- The Hindi version of 2.0’s theatrical rights has been sold for Rs.80 Crore whereas it’s satellite rights have been sold for a sky-high amount of Rs.110 Crore.
- It is said that the movie’s leading lady Amy Jackson might also be seen playing a Robot’s role in the movie.
- 2.0 is said to have 5 different looks for Superstar Rajinikanth while Bollywood’s favourite Akshay Kumar has 12 different looks in store for him.
Well, that’s it for now. Stay tuned with us for more updates on 2.0 and other such interesting movies.