In the days of swipe right and swipe left, do men still use pick-up lines? If you are going to say a no then I don’t know which world you are living in. Pick-up lines are never going to be old school even today.
Pick-up lines are something all the girls are subjected to and if the guys are lucky enough, then even they are. How many times have you cringed while listening to some sleazy lines? Have you actually been taken aback by any of the pick-up lines used on you? Well, in that case, you can be sure that the line was so not original. It would have been either taken from a beautiful book or a movie.
Whatever the case be, it is a writer who has written those lines and it benefits all the ones who want to impress someone. Here are 30 best movie pick-up lines of all time.
1. P.S. I Love You – “I know what I want, because I have it in my hands right now. You.”
2. When Harry Met Sally – “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
3. The Notebook – “I want all of you. Forever. Every day.”
4. Pretty Woman – “I appreciate this whole seduction thing you’ve got going on here, but let me give you a tip: I’m a sure thing.”
5. Gone with the Wind – “You need kissing badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed, and often. And by someone who knows how.”
6. Bram Stoker’s Dracula – “I have crossed oceans of time to find you.”
7. Dr. No – “Are you looking for shells too?” “No, I’m just looking.”
8. Hitch – “I couldn’t help but notice that you look a lot like my next girlfriend.”
9. As Good as It Gets – “You make me want to be a better man.”
10. Casablanca – “Was that cannon fire, or is my heart pounding?”
11. Lost in Translation – “Can you keep a secret? I’m trying to organize a prison break. I’m looking for, like, an accomplice. We’d have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country. Are you in or are you out?”
12. Go West – “Let’s go somewhere we can be alone. Ah, there doesn’t seem to be anyone on this couch.”
13. Manhattan – “You know what you are? You’re God’s answer to Job, y’know? You would have ended all argument between them. I mean, he would have pointed to you and said, ‘Y’know, I do a lot of terrible things, but I can still make one of these’.”
14. Broadcast News – “I would give anything if you were two people, so I could call up the one who is my friend and tell her about the one I like so much.”
15. Claire’s Knee – “Come to my house. I have great books.”
16. Bridget Jones’s Diary – “The thing is, um, what I’m trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are.”
17. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – “Is it okay if I sit closer? How far are you going?”
18. No Strings Attached – “You give me premature ventricular contractions. You make my heart skip a beat.”
19. Anchorman – The Legend of Ron Burgundy – “I don’t know how to put this, but I’m kind of a big deal.”
20. My Blue Heaven – “You know, it’s dangerous for you to be here in the frozen food section… Because you could melt all this stuff.”
21. Couples Retreat – “Do you have a cell phone I could use?” “Why?” “Someone has to call God and tell him that one of his angels is missing.”
22. Thelma & Louise – “I may be the outlaw, but you’re the one stealing my heart.”
23. Who Framed Roger Rabbit – “You don’t know how hard it is being a woman looking the way I do.”
24. Intolerable Cruelty – “Your husband told me you were the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen, but he didn’t say anything about the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen.”
25. Leaving Las Vegas – “I really wish that you’d come home with me. You’re so cute and I’m really good in bed, believe me. You smell good, too.”
26. Knocked Up – You’re prettier than I am
27. Cruel Intentions – “…Please give me another chance. I’m a wreck without you.”
28. Bridget Jones’ Diary – “I don’t think you’re an idiot at all. I mean, there are elements of the ridiculous about you. Your mother’s pretty interesting. And you really are an appallingly bad public speaker. And, um, you tend to let whatever’s in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences… But the thing is, um, what I’m trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are.”
29. The Apartment – “I used to live like Robinson and Crusoe, shipwrecked among eight million people. But one day I saw a footprint in the sand and there you were.”
30. The Bridges of Madison County – When I think of why I make pictures, the reason that I can come up with just seems that I’ve been making my way here. It seems right now that all I’ve ever done in my life is making my way here to you.
How many of these are used by you or on you? And hey, don’t you actually want to be picked-up after reading these? Hollywood movies always make our heart melt, don’t you agree?
As always, if you have liked what you just read, share it on your social media platforms by clicking on the tiny icons below. And also, you can leave your vote below as we would love to know your reaction.