We’ve compiled some great quotes from some of the best movies ever made. Some are funny, some are classy, and some are inspiring. Get reading!
- “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”
Gone With the Wind (1939)
- My Mama always said, “Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you are gonna get.”
Forrest Gump (1994)
- “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
- “It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.”
Batman Begins (2005)
- “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.”
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
- “I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let’s face it.”
On the Waterfront (1954)
- “Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. “
Rocky Balboa (2006)
- “Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.”
- “The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn’t exist.”
The Usual Suspect (1995)
10. “Go ahead, make my day”.
Sudden Impact (1983)
11. “Sawyer, you’re going out a youngster, but you’ve got to come back a star.”
42nd Street (1933)
12. “I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I’m all out of bubblegum.”
They Live (1988)
13. “Hasta la vista, baby.”
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)\
14. “This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”
The Friends of Eddie Coyle (1973)
15. “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?”
What A Girl Wants (2003)
16. “Let’s put a smile on that face.”
The Dark Knight (2008)
17. “Don’t ever let somebody tell you, you can’t do something, not even me. Alright?You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”
The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
18. “Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.”
Good Will Hunting (1997)
19. “Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It’s not about winning.It’s about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn’t let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasn’t one more thing you could’ve done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman, you’re perfect!”
Friday Night Lights (2004)
20. “I know what I have to do now. I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?”
Cast Away (2000)
21. “Calling someone fat doesn’t make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn’t make you any smarter. All you can do in life is try and solve the problem in front of you.”
Mean Girls (2004)
22. You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When their souls got to the entrance to heaven, the guards asked two questions. Their answers determined whether they were able to enter or not. “Have you found joy in your life? Has your life brought joy to others?”
The Bucket List (2007)
23. Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.
The Lion King (1994)
24. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.”
The Notebook (2004)
25. After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.
26. Some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright.
Shawshank Redemption (1994)
27. You are what you love, not what loves you.
28. You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
29. A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it’s the only weapon we have.
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
30. Carpe Diem. Sieze the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.
Dead Poets Society (1989)
31. “To find something, anything, a great truth or a lost pair of glasses, you must first believe there will be some advantage in finding it.”
All the King’s Men (2006)